When Rev. Morton, his wife and their daughter all from the Presbyterian Church in Nova Scotia, arrived in Trinidad the United Presbyterian Church in Scotland was established at lere Village in Princes Town. Later Rev. Kenneth J. Grant opened a new mission in San Fernando in 1870. In 1871 the first primary school was opened. In 1872 the Susamachar church - which is today the biggest Presbyterian congregation - opened its doors. In 1874 work commenced in Couva. In 1876 missionary work expanded in Cedros, Caroni, Tunapuna and Guaico. By 1880 4 mission stations were established in Couva, Princes Town, San Fernando and Tunapuna. In 1883 the first secondary school was opened.
In 1892 the Presbyterian Theological Seminary was opened. In 1893 the Presbyterian Church in Trinidad and Tobago was known as the Presbytery of Trinidad. In 1896 Rev. J. S. Wilson, a Scottish minister, established the Marabella Presbyterian Church which later become Wilson Memorial Presbyterian Church. In 1931 the agreement between the Canadian Church and the Church of Scotland was dissolved, the work in Trinidad become an autonomous body. The Presbyterian Church in Trinidad and Tobago has over 60,000 members and 105 congregations. The church maintains 72 Presbyterian primary schools and five Presbyterian secondary schools.
Click here for more info on the PCTT