Freeport Presbyterian Primary

Freeport Presbyterian Primary

Additional Info

  • Principal: Mrs. Ophelia Ganga-Sieuraj
  • Address: Mission Road, Freeport
  • Contact Information: Phone: 673-1347
  • Population: Student Population: 320 ; Teaching Staff: 15
  • Our Mission:
    To empower students to become lifelong learners, equipped with life skills and technological skills who will function successfully in a global environment.
  • Message From Principal:

     

    principalOn behalf of all the staff members, I would like to welcome everyone to Freeport Presbyterian School!

    It is a privilege to serve as the principal of an institution filled with enthusiastic students willing to learn, supportive parents/guardians interested in their children's education, and adedicated professional staff, committed to providing our students with a quality education.

    Our morning’s worship sets the tone for the day, as each teacher is given the opportunity to reveal his/her talent/s through stories and singing.

    Sub –committees: School Based Management, Crisis Management, Professional Development and Curriculum Committees assist with the management and delivery of quality education.

    Please feel free to contact us if you would like more information about our school.

  • History of School:

     

    Freeport Presbyterian School is situated in the central part of Trinidad in an agricultural, rural village, close to the Sir Solomon HochoyHighway. In 1874, Rev. John Morton opened the Third Mission in Couvaand Rev. Christie was placed in control. Then, in 1883 came Rev. John Knox, in 1889, Mr.Simon Fraser and in 1890, Rev. Fulton Johnson Coffin. It was between 1875 and 1892 that nine (9) schools were built at Waterloo, Chandernagore, Chase Village, Calcutta, Upper Carapichaima, Freeport, Preysal, Spring Village and Milton.

    The Freeport Presbyterian School was constructed on the same site the building now stands. It was a wooden structure with a house for the Principal on the western side of the school. Then, in 1960, the present school, a U-shaped, one (1) story concrete structure replaced the original. An annexe was constructed in 1991 and the highest number of students ever enrolled was four hundred and fifteen (415) in 2004. At present, the enrolment is three hundred and twenty (320) students.

    The school houses a functional air-conditioned computer lab, equipped with thirteen (13) working computers, an Administration Office, Library and a Stock room. At present there are fourteen (14) classes, five (5) of which are housed in the Annexe. The school has no Diagnostic Room, no Art and Craft Room, no Staff Room and no Science Room. There are toilet facilities for boys, girls and teachers. The school has a Principal and a teaching staff of fourteen (14), inclusive of two (2) Heads of Department. There are three (3) On the Job Trainee Classroom Assistants and a School’s Business Office Assistant. The Ancillary Staff includes three (3) fulltime and one (1) part-time janitor. M.T.S. supplies twenty-four (24) hour security.

    The school focuses on the holistic development of the child which is enshrined in its new Vision and Mission Statement. There are various committees formed within the staff responsible for the different aspects of achieving this goal.

    In May 2015, the first Student Body Council was formed and a total of sixteen students form part of this team in addition to two (2) teachers and the principal.

  • Additional School Info:

     

    Vision Statement: To be in a conducive learning environment where students are happy.

  • Image Gallery:

     

    • freeport1
    • freeport2
    • freeport3
    • freeport4
    • freeport5