Navet Presbyterian Primary

Navet Presbyterian Primary

Additional Info

  • Principal: Ms. Viola Seepersad
  • Address: Navet Village Rio Claro
  • Contact Information: Phone: 644-1738
  • Population: Teaching Staff: 7
  • Date Established: 1930
  • History of School:

     

    Navet Presbyterian School started on the 24th March, 1930.  Both the church and the school began on the same day.  Reverend George Murray a Canadian Missionary was the minister of the church and also the manager of the school.  The church was housed in the school until 1994 when the Navet Presbyterian Church was officially opened on the 23rd April 1994 by the Presbytery.  The old wooden school building was demolished in 1983 and the new L-Shaped Flat structure was constructed.  The building was formally opened on the 22nd October 1984.  The then Principal of the school was Mr. Goolcharan Seepersad and the manager was Mr. Robert Kalloo. They are both deceased.  

    The school started with an enrolment of twelve students.  Today we have an enrolment of one hundred and twenty students and a teaching staff of eight (1 principal 7 teachers). The school has produced many outstanding students who served both the national and international community.  The school has never been under academic watch and no student has gone below the 30% mark in S.E.A. for the past three years.  The school stands out as beacon of hope in this socio economic deprived part of our country.