Elswick Presbyterian Primary

Elswick Presbyterian Primary

Additional Info

  • Principal: Ms. Judy Nathai
  • Address: Naparima-Mayaro Road, Tableland
  • Contact Information: Telephone: 656-3513; Fax – 656-3513; E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Population: Student Population: 110; Teaching Staff: 7
  • Date Established: 1884
  • Our Mission:
    To cater for the holistic development of students and prepare them to function effectively in a global context and contribute positively to the process of nation building.”
  • Message From Principal:

     

    Welcome to the Elswick Presbyterian Family!

    Elswick is a small, progressive and vibrant school located in Tableland with a nurturing environment that caters for the holistic development of each child.

    We believe that all children are valuable and working together, our nation`s children can achieve their fullest potential.

    Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

    “Children are the future, Teach them well and let them lead the way”

  • History of School:

     

    The Elswick Presbyterian School was first established in 1884. This establishment was formed by the Canadian Missionaries to educate the children of the estate workers at the time.

    The first school was built on the Elswick Estate in George Village on lands donated by the Estate owner, John Elswick. It was known as Elswick CM School.

    Towards the beginning of the twentieth century when cocoa planting was introduced in the area, the whole area began developing and a more central location was needed to build a larger school to accommodate the growing population at the time. In 1905, a larger school was built adjacent to the Police Station on the Naparima Mayaro Road, its present site.

    Because of the positive impact of the thriving work of the Canadian Missionary, the school population grew significantly so that the old building was demolished and a new structure was built in 1953 with a design capacity for two hundred and fifty (250) pupils. The name was then changed to Elswick Presbyterian School.

    In 2005, the building was found to be structurally damaged and was therefore declared unsafe for the student population by the relevant authorities. The school was then temporarily housed at the Poole River Presbyterian School from September2005 to December2009 pending the construction of the present school which was completed at the end of 2009. The new prefabricated building was occupied on 4th January, 2010.

  • Image Gallery:

     

    • els1
    • els2